Our Digital Transformation to Agile: Challenges and Insights
This is a new presentation with the goal of sharing our lessons learned in the adoption
of an agile project management approach, with a focus on Scrum, within our Drupal
The rules and practices for Scrum - a simple process for managing complex projects -
are few, straightforward, and easy to learn. But Scrum’s simplicity itself - its lack of
prescription - can be disarming, and new practitioners often find themselves reverting to
old project management habits and tools and yielding lesser results.
- The challenges we were facing with waterfall project management.
- A (very) brief overview of key concepts of agile and scrum.
- Why we chose agile and scrum to replace waterfall.
- How we introduced agile to our teams and what training looked like.
- Some of the immediate benefits we realized.
- The challenges we face (and continue to face) in our transformation.
- Our next steps and how we are continually improving our approach each week.
By the end of this presentation, I hope to provide a compelling reason why agile is an appropriate project management framework within the Drupal industry. And how it can be used to effectively deliver projects on time and on budget.